Parenting Without Power Struggles is a professionally facilitated education and group support program for parents of preteens. Over 10-weeks, the program encourages parents to build on their family strengths, gain confidence in parenting an emerging teen, and discover practical ideas on how to prepare for the transition from preteen to teen. Most importantly, Parenting Without Power Struggles can help parents connect with others who are experiencing similar issues and help them feel less isolated during this new stage of development. This is all provided in a confidential, non-judgemental group setting.
Many parents report better relationships with their youth as a result of attending the program. Parents may also experience:
- Increased confidence as a parent
- Anger management skills and a better ability to defuse conflict
- Better relationships with spouse and past partners
- Knowledge of issues affecting their child’s lives
- Increased ability to advocate on behalf of themselves and their families
- Compassion for other families
- Decreased isolation and greater friendship
- Access to community resources
- New coping and communication skills
- Increased ability to address self-care
Parenting Programs 2019 – Coming soon!
To register, please contact:
Comox Valley – Parenting Programs Coordinator
Lesley Chapman – firstname.lastname@example.org – 250-338-7141.
Once program participation is confirmed by the Program Coordinator, the membership form can be printed, completed and brought to the first session. BGCCVI Membership ($24.00 annually) is required for participation in this program. Please note that the fee can be waived based on need.
Program Resource Materials Fee- $20.00. Please note that this fee can be waived based on need.
The program is made possible with support from: