Find support in our confidential, non-judgemental group setting.
Welcome to our transformative Parenting Without Power Struggles program – a 10-week journey that empowers parents to embrace their family strengths, navigate the dynamic world of parenting emerging teens, and uncover practical strategies to smoothly transition from preteen to teen years. With professional guidance, you’ll find renewed confidence in your parenting journey and gain invaluable insights to foster harmony at home.
Beyond the invaluable skills gained, the program offers a safe haven for parents to connect with others who share similar experiences and concerns. Within our confidential and non-judgmental group setting, you’ll find a supportive community ready to walk this journey alongside you.
From enhanced parenting confidence and improved conflict resolution skills to stronger relationships with your spouse and ex-partners, you’ll experience a holistic transformation. This program equips you with the knowledge to understand your child’s world better, advocate effectively for your family, and even discover compassion for other families.
Positive outcomes of attending this program:
- Increased confidence as a parent
- Anger management skills and a better ability to defuse conflict
- Better relationships with spouse and past partners
- Knowledge of issues affecting their child’s lives
- Increased ability to advocate on behalf of themselves and their families
- Compassion for other families
- Decreased isolation and greater friendship
- Access to community resources
- New coping and communication skills
- Increased ability to address self-care
Parents of preteens
7:00 – 8:30pm
Parenting Without Power Struggles is made possible with support from the British Columbia Ministry of Children and Development.