Parents Together is an ongoing professionally-facilitated education and group support program for parents who are experiencing challenges while parenting a teen.
Parents come to the group with a wide range of concerns, often feeling guilty, isolated, and not sure what to do. In a non-judgmental setting, this program helps parents address these feelings and develop new skills and knowledge that can help decrease conflict in the home. Parents who attend report:
- Better relationships with their youth
- Increased confidence as a parent
- Increased anger management skills and ability to defuse conflict
- Better relationships with spouse and past partners
- Increased knowledge of issues affection their youth lives
- Increased compassion and ability to advocate on behalf of themselves
- Decreased isolation and increased friendships and support
- New coping and communications skills
- Increased ability to address self-care
- Increased awareness and access to community resources
For information on attending Parents Together please contact email@example.com or call 250-338-7141.
Parents Together is offered both virtually (via Zoom) and in-person at our Courtenay location at 877 5th Street, Courtenay, BC.
Address: 877 5th Street, Courtenay, BC, V9N 1K8